Friday, July 13, 2012

a promise fulfilled


Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and your wife will have a son.” Gen18:14

It's always wonderful living in the promises of God. One thing I do with my sermon notebook (before I shifted to digital jotting on my phone--to maximize its use and to lessen the weight on my bag), I set apart pages at the back to list down promises or prophecies said to me/us. And it's wonderful going back to them and see more life than they were first said. 

I thought it would be too early to have a son after a year. As we married with very short time spent together in one place. It would be good to just bond first, despite all the demands of marriage life, career and ministry (well, that's how marriage is supposed to be like, right?). Should we have a son, I thought, it would be the conception. My mind was settled at conceiving by the end of the year. However, as God works always in His ways, and not on my ways and calendar, we conceived early this year. And that was a sign (of staying in Davao for a longer period than planned) I thought would be impossible. Then, of course, God doesn't respect your belief in the impossible.

So, here we are... almost entering the third trimester. I am amazed at God's work of putting things into fulfillment. He never fails. And He never will. 

No comments: