Saturday, July 28, 2012

another ultrasound day (part 01)

We were truly looking forward to [today]. It's not our first ultrasound, but it would be our first 3D peek at Zi. (gigil!) We had to personally book the appointment (they don't consider SMS or phone calls--i had their numbers pa naman) and brave the heat of the hot days that we shouldn't be having this tag-ulan. I was told to drink 2-3L of water for three consecutive days before the schedule. And with that, I was faithful with 2.4L, 2.2 L & 2.0L record. I thought to myself, I couldn't overwork my kidney--nor should I go to the clinic unprepared.

So, there we were--as a little family. We queued the long lane of women--pregnant and not. We were beaming and keep talking to our little guy how much we're excited to see him. He probably was excited, too. He kept kicking and turning.

It was almost an hour of scanning. This is our third peek at my occupied womb. And we became more in-love with the one that holds our eyes and hearts captive.

His left hand is covering his face. His right foot on his other cheek. He was resting his head on his right hand and his left foot keeps moving--yes, kicking. The attendant exclaimed, "it's like an earthquake in there!" He was moving all the time, but we weren't seeing his face completely. We were surely getting grimaces and frowns. It's not his waking hour. He is usually awake early in the morning, after lunch and late afternoon (sometimes late in the evening). The attendant kept saying, "Sorry, baby, we had to wake you up." She was poking my stomach so Zi will uncover his face; and then she rang a bell. He removed his foot (he was sucking it--like his last name!) and finally we can see his profile. The attendant coached, "Smile, baby, smile..." And he gave a short smirk--that again, melted our hearts. 

While the attendant loaded the recording, she also checked Zi's heartbeat--at 167bpm. I think we lacked more recording, so we kept waiting. Unfortunately, he decided to put both his feet and hands over his face--yes, fully covered now! toinkz!

The attendant pointed at his balls---another confirmation that we're having a boy! (weee!) And then she asked me to go grab some sweets to keep him awake and moving. That's why we had this Cookie Monster cupcake. Really delish! A guilty pleasure, indeed!
While at the cafeteria, Gen spoked to Zi, "Son, listen to Tatay." (he's very direct and yes, choleric-mode! hihi!) "Remove your hands and feet, okay? We need a profile recording of you. We need you to cooperate... Understand, son?! By the way, we're really glad to see you. Truly, Jesus is supervising your development. Cooperate with Him, okay?" It was also in a gentle way and I'm glad Gen communicates to his son so well.

We were back to the clinic in ten minutes. We were checking on him again and found that he fully unveiled! Weee! The attendant said four times he's got well-defined nose (we'll see!) and he's got long limbs. Gen was tearful. (He said, Hon, mabait ang anak natin. Nakikinig siya.) He showed more of himself and in a while, hid his face in the placenta. Aaaaw.

We had a long time watching him. But much to our hearts' delight, we need another session since the length of the recording isn't full yet. Why, that's good news to us! We can see him again next week! Weeeeee! I don't care hydrating myself again! I need to it anyway!  
We had unending musings of our experience. So, we decided to have a lunch date (like every meal at our home is!). We missed Lyndon's so we brought ourselves there and had our full. 

At home, I busied myself comparing Zi's profile--and here's what I've finished:
Tatay's mini-me!

I'm so happy! These are the men I am loving to life! Thank you, Jesus, for making this happen! #perpetuallygrateful

2 comments:

RizzaLanggita said...

teary eyed;)..God is truly amazing:) weee...

Blessy said...

amen! as promised by our Great Big God... more to go! hehe